Digital analytics has come a long way since Google Analytics hit the market in 2006. Without data and analytics, it’s difficult to measure the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns or understand your potential customers browsing your website. That was at the core of my presentation at Reston Chamber of Commerce this week.
Here are some takeaways from my presentation:
- Use data and analytics in your marketing decision making process
- Google Analytics is the leader in the web analytics space and it is free to use
- Understand the basic analytics terms such as sessions, users, bounce rate, % new session
- You can scale your analytics operations using Google Analytics in conjunction with Google Tag Manager
- Install Google Analytics even if you are not planning to use it in immediate future
The turnout at the event was great and I was glad to hear from the chamber that, based on the post-event survey, most attendees learned something useful and enjoyed the presentation.
I would like to thank the Reston Chamber of Commerce, Business Education Committee, and the sponsors for organizing and sponsoring the event. Also, I would like to thank the guests who came to support me – Nick Wilson, Revanthi Muthusamy, Glen Homan, and Suman Mishra.
You can click on the button below to download a copy of presentation.